Sunday, July 26, 2009

Giving and receiving

The quality of life is really determined by how much we give of ourselves in service to others and in gratitude for all that we have.

As a recovering person I have often heard the term 'attitude of gratitude' and the longer I live the more I realize how important it is that gratitude becomes a way of life for me. During times of turmoil I will stop myself from letting my ego complain because things don't seem to be going my way, slow down, and ask God to show me what the lesson is to be learned here.

Adversity has been my greatest teacher. By realizing that I *KNOW* my greatest strengths have come from overcoming challenges and I shift my thoughts from "Why is this happening to me?" to an inner knowing that whatever is going on has much to teach me. Instead of worrying and creating anxiety in my life over the situation I begin to look at how overcoming obstacles has shaped my life in the past and how much abundance and love I already have.

Stuart Wilde says if you give someone a present and they don't acknowledge it you're unlikely to give them anything else. But the person who is sincerely grateful in receipt makes you want to give more. It is hard to receive without an 'attitude of gratitude'.

I say thanks to the Universe every morning and every evening for everything that I have in my life. I am truly grateful for every minute of every day:)

0 comments: