Thursday, March 27, 2014

TD10-2 No Time for That

I came up with the idea to write a minimum ten minutes a day on March 23rd… I missed March 24th.  I did write on March 25th, for – for ten minutes exactly.  I missed the 26th.  Today is the 27th.  Sometimes that’s how it goes when you’re trying something new I guess, it’s hard to break old habits – even habits of non action.

No one seems to have any time any more – everyone I know (myself included) is always “busy”.  Busy doing what?  I often wonder if I have my priorities straight.  I’ve written before about the most important thing in life being increasing my conscious contact with God, which is what I think but not how I live my life.  My life revolves around making money.  Making money to keep my current lifestyle, to pay my bills, to save.  When you get right down to it, that’s how most of us spend our adult lives. 

Did you ever think about selling it all, simplifying, and totally transforming out of the “money as a way of life” mindset?  I think about it.  I’ve seen people do it.  Sell everything, buy a camper, travel the country for a while, connect with life, remember your passions, maybe FIND your passions.  It’s a thought that we all might feel but seldom do we ever act on it.  Way too scary to actually act on it.  So we hang with the routine because there are so many rational reasons not to try anything out of the norm…

After all, who’s got time for THAT?

0 comments: